Ceramic Artworks with Anastasia
- Lunch, Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1005
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $360
Meet the Artist
- Getting to know different types of clay, temperature regimes and choosing materials.
- Discovering techniques and tools (hand building, potter’s wheel, slip cast)
- Drying process and decorative techniques like carving, colored slip decoration, stamping, sgraffito, mishima.
- Firing in a gas kiln and learning about firing curves.
- Decoration after first firing – glazing or saggar firing.
- Decoration after glaze firing – lusters. (Check for availability)
- Pit firing, experimenting with different materials. Gathering natural materials.
- Hiking to natural beaches nearby.
Before the workshop, Anastasia asked me for my planning and what I wanted to do and learn during the workshop. I made a mood-board with ceramics I like, colors I like, textures I like, objects I like and mailed it to her. She immediately understood my mood. I had experience in sculpture (I studied 7 years sculpting at the art school), but after a trip to Japan my curiosity to ceramics was encourag Read more
Allison, United States
There was never a dull moment during my VAWAA with Anastasia. She welcomed me into her home, introduced me to her joyful family, showed me sights, beaches and local ceramicists that inspire her. She works with an abundance of clays and techniques- the learning was exponential. We had a flexible schedule that allowed for bursts of morning energy and creativity into the night. She is a natural teach Read more
Nina, United States
My two sons (18 & 21) and I had a wonderful time w/Anastasia and would very highly recommend the experience. We spent the day and she provided an overview of ceramic materials, her background and showed us around her studio. We enjoyed the passion she has for her art, the space she works in (an area of her home) and having the opportunity to meet her family, w/whom we shared a lovely lunch (whic Read more