Collage and Photomontage with Annette
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- One Guest
- USD $1190
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $540
- One Guest
- USD $400
- Additional guest(s)
- USD $250
Meet the Artist
She creates collage portraits that are deconstructions of familiar everyday faces, to shed light into the sinews of their being. She strives to merge fantasy and reality in each composition that lead us to the dreamland of human emotions. Dostoyevsky, Ibsen, Bergman and Hitchcock inspire her, including collage artists like Hannah Hoch, Max Ernst, Martha Rosler and John Stezaker. When you meet her, you’ll realize very quickly that teaching art is her passion.
- Introduction to the basics of collage, mixed media, abstract art, color theory and composition.
- Creating composited images from found, taken, and scanned images.
- Learning the techniques of masking, edge treatments, color space, shadows and highlights, texture, perspective, depth of field, harmony, symmetry, and narrative.
- Practicing how to make the disparate elements meld seamlessly to create a sense of magic realism.
- Going back home with several of your own dream collages or photomontages.
- Paper, magazines to cut from, glue and paint for mixed media are included. You can print photos or buy stretched canvas at an additional cost.
- Meals and snacks while in the studio.
Stay at Annette's
Elena L., United States
What an AMAZING EXPERIENCE! If you’re looking for a stimulating and fulfilling experience and something different than a typical vacation, look no further…THIS IS IT! Annette is an incredibly talented and well educated artist, who spent time walking me through the history and evolution of photo montage and exposing me to major artists who pioneered the movement, demonstrating different methodologi Read more
Jennifer M., United States
This was a magical and much needed experience. I learned so much from Annette and her hospitality was unparalleled. Staying in a pastoral Greek village surrounded by roses, olive trees and grapevines was the perfect setting to feel inspired and make art. Annette was so supportive and encouraging. The food was amazing, fresh from her garden; the conversation intriguing and the art inspiring.
Julia R., Spain
Annette was an incredible host and a brilliant teacher. I really enjoyed the thoughtful programme she prepared for my time at her house and in the studio, experiencing hidden gems, Greek culture as well as learning so much about art history and of course collage and collage practitioners. Introducing me to new artists ways of thinking and doing.
I loved the house, studio and the pool. (The arch Read more
Erica S., United States
Annette was a wonderful host and teacher to my sister and me. We felt totally at home in her beautiful house and really enjoyed getting to know her, husband, and their dogs! We learned so much in a short period of time not only about collage, but Greek culture and the surrounding area. She prepared lovely, healthy meals for us and our accommodations were clean and comfortable.
Thanks Annette a Read more