Encaustic Painting with Clarissa
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1110
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $600
Meet the Artist
- Gain an overview of the ancient method of painting with molten colored wax, a supple, tactile and versatile material to work with.
- Introduction to coloring the wax, using different heat methods of fusing, incising, collaging, and image transfer.
- Discover many uses of mixed media with encaustic - bring your own collage materials and ephemera.
- Inspiring studio environment with tools, books, paintings and other artists in the building.
- Studio time to discover your own way of working. Professional support, guidance and encouragement in finding your vision.
- Immersion into Clarissa's diverse world of creating and daily encounters inside and outside the studio with her groups of artist friends.
- Visit to The Philadelphia Museum of Art and visit Jasper Johns’ encaustic work.
- Or sightseeing in historic Philadelphia, or a tour in historic cemetery!
- Enjoy the beautiful historic garden district, meeting other creatives, and/ or enjoying the culture, food and flavor of local life.
- Your unique original painting.
- Tools and materials.
Jonathan Q., United States
Before walking into my first VAWAA, I chose to shed any expectations of what a 4-day painting workshop might look like. I walked into this experience as a "black canvas" and felt a peaceful freedom. It was a beautiful break I knew I wanted in my life. My thoughts were running freely. I was in flow.
Disconnecting from my phone for a portion of my day revived me. And then a thought hit me like a Read more
Yvonne K., United Kingdom
Clarissa was not only a great listener, artist/designer, life advisor, but most importantly a supporter. Through her abundant books collection and references, I learned to read more.
Don't just think, indeed think 'intuitively', just like encaustic itself. Via our conversation, I start moving flexibly with encaustic medium alongside. There were time that I lose control of perfect outlines, mea Read more