Hand Papermaking and Artist Books with Helen
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $760
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $245
Meet the Artist
- Introduction to the history and variety of hand papermaking.
- Opportunity to work in a papermill and a dry studio.
- Preparing fibers using Western and Eastern techniques.
- Learning basics of the papermaking process, including the use of molds.
- Designing stencils and incorporating inclusions (i.e. plant materials, other papers, silk threads) in papermaking.
- Instruction in composition, layering, and texture.
- Pressing, transferring, and drying paper.
- Your own collection of handmade papers.
- All materials and tools.
Explore Silver Spring, Maryland
Lisa, United States
My experience may be a little different than most VAWAA situations. I didn't go far from home to meet up with Helen - I live only an hour away. The nice thing about living so close was that I could really concentrate on my art! I have also known Helen and her wonderful artwork for many years.
I'm in a state of flux with my artwork - kinda between series and ideas. By choosing to step outside of Read more