Sculptural Jewelry and Metalsmithing with Jesse
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $700
- Additional guest(s) (max 3)
- USD $280
Meet the Artist
- Depending on time and your skill level, you'll be –
- Creating jewelry using traditional techniques and materials, including re-purposed materials.
- Designing and making your own tools to create unique pieces of jewelry.
- Making traditional tools such as hammers or punches for unique textures.
- Techniques to combine dissimilar and distinct materials with cold connections such as rivets.
- Hot connection methods for non-ferrous metals such as soldering.
- Discussions about process, design, and pattern making.
- Form, shape, and cut a large variety of different materials with jewelers tools.
- Learning how to add texture, volume, and color to metal and wood.
- Sand cast small forms in bronze.
- Make your own unique handmade sculptural jewelry.
- A visit to one of the local markets to search for raw materials or inspiration.
- Going to an exhibition opening (based on availability).
Explore San Miguel de Allende
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 15 days. If interested in extending your time, just let us know by how many days and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Studio is located on the 2nd floor of the building so it is necessary to be able to walk up one flight of stairs. Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if 17 years old or younger.
Elaine W., United States
You are in for a treat if you choose to work with Jesse in San Miguel de Allende. Jesse is that extraordinary and rare combination of highly accomplished and skilled artist and excellent teacher. He is unfailingly patient, calm and whenever I felt confused or uncertain about something I was learning, he came up with several ways to approach a solution. At every moment, I was supported as well as Read more