For longer durations, add a note in your booking request and your guest experience coordinator will help find availability.
Sculptural Jewelry and Metalsmithing with Jesse
- One Guest
- USD $650
- Additional guest(s) (max 3)
- USD $280
Meet the Artist
- Depending on time and your skill level, you'll be –
- Creating jewelry using traditional techniques and materials, including re-purposed materials.
- Designing and making your own tools to create unique pieces of jewelry.
- Making traditional tools such as hammers or punches for unique textures.
- Techniques to combine dissimilar and distinct materials with cold connections such as rivets.
- Hot connection methods for non-ferrous metals such as soldering.
- Discussions about process, design, and pattern making.
- Form, shape, and cut a large variety of different materials with jewelers tools.
- Learning how to add texture, volume, and color to metal and wood.
- Sand cast small forms in bronze.
- Make your own unique handmade sculptural jewelry.
- A visit to one of the local markets to search for raw materials or inspiration.
- Going to an exhibition opening (based on availability).
Explore San Miguel de Allende
Studio is located on the 2nd floor of the building so it is necessary to be able to walk up one flight of stairs. Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if 17 years old or younger.
A good time to visit Mexico is during Day of the Dead (Oct 30 to Nov. 2nd). There are also several holidays each weekend in September with fun parades to see, like during National Independence day, La Alborada, and the day of San Miguel. If you want to avoid temperatures over 30°C/86°F, the hottest and driest months are usually April and May. By June, the rains typically starts to cool things off.
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 15 days. If interested in extending your time, just let us know by how many days and we will do our best to accommodate you.