Don’t see the dates you want?Request other dates
Ikebana with Kimiko
- One Guest
- USD $475
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $310
Meet the Artist
- Understanding the history and philosophy of Ikebana.
- Visiting fresh flower markets to buy and learn about plants in season.
- Designing Ikebana concepts.
- Learning different techniques and styles like Moribana, Nageire, and Freestyle.
- Accompanying Kimiko to prepare Ikebana arrangements for her clients.
Kimiko is a wonderful teacher and a wonderful person! Those few days were truly magical, with a perfect balance of practice and field trips (to the flower market/ the ikebana museum, her grandmaster's studio, etc.) I would really recommend it to anyone with an interest in ikebana or more generally Japanese culture and philosophy :)
Richard, United States
The tone of the day was set from the start. Kimiko met us with outstretched arms and a smile unbound by the confines of her cheeks. She radiated a warmth I hadn’t previously been afforded by a Japanese I had just met. She brought us first to what I have to imagine is the preeminent ikebana shop in the world (I have zero facts to back that up). After we were sufficiently awed she walked us through Read more