Meet the Artist
Taiom is a Brazilian tattooist and visual artist working between the cities of Barcelona, Bologna and Florence. He fell in love with tattoo culture at a young age, and has been practicing ever since then. Over the last decade and a half, Taiom has developed his own unique, highly graphic style of tattooing focused on abstract concepts. Inspired by his love of drawing and woodworking, his tattoo techniques include sketch lines, watercolors, fine lines, black work, and detail. He approaches each work like a story helping people create body art that brings something about who they are to life on their skin. Tat a tat!
The VAWAA experience includes
- A brief history of tattoos and tattooing.
- Basic tattoo techniques and introduction to symbology and meaning in tattoos.
- Process of designing the tattoo from idea to skin.
- Learning visual composition on paper and on the body.
- Visiting historic sites and/or museums that could be used as reference on final work.
- Practicing tattooing on artificial skins.
- Getting tattooed by Taiom himself! (max. 8 in./20 cm tattoo)
- All disposable tattoo materials, artificial skin, machines and tools.