For longer durations, add a note in your booking request and your guest experience coordinator will help find availability.
Historic Cuisine with Ursula
- One Guest
- USD $640
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $155
- One Guest
- USD $345
- Additional guest(s)
Meet the Artist
- Each day is focused on the history of food and cooking in a time period: Stone Age, Classical Antiquity, Middle Ages, and Early Modern Era.
- Foraging, harvesting, and gardening.
- Food preservation.
- Baking ancient Roman bread & Ancient Roman sweet wine.
- Pre-industrial body care products (olive oil soap, chestnut wash lotion, ivy detergent, toothbrushes).
- Cooking traditional meals from each era.
Stay at Ursula's
Explore Martina Franca
Ursula can adapt the VAWAA to your dietary needs (allergies, intolerances and food preferences). This experience is limited to 4 days. However, you are welcome to stay with Ursula for a longer duration and your VAWAA can be spread over a week, with free day breaks in between. For any special requests, please specify when sending a booking request.
Our 1st VAWAA experience was at Ursula and Manoosher’s organic farm and it totally exceeded our expectations. From the first minute, the welcoming kitchen with its large wooden table and warm fireplace feels like our home away from home. Our hosts immediately include us in their family in a natural and very friendly way. Is it thanks to VAWAA’s smartly designed platform? It has provided the canvas Read more
Cherri, United States
I can't say enough great things about my time in Martina Franca with Ursula. Her wealth of knowledge on history, archaeology and the culinary traditions of Italy made for an informative and delicious experience. From foraging on the farm to outings to the local market, it was a truly hands on endeavor and learning to make my own hand shaped pasta was a particular highlight! Each meal was a deep di Read more