Historic Cuisine with Ursula
- One Guest
- USD $640
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $155
- One Guest
- USD $345
- Additional guest(s)
Meet the Artist
- Each day is focused on the history of food and cooking in a time period: Stone Age, Classical Antiquity, Middle Ages, and Early Modern Era.
- Foraging, harvesting, and gardening.
- Food preservation.
- Baking ancient Roman bread & Ancient Roman sweet wine.
- Pre-industrial body care products (olive oil soap, chestnut wash lotion, ivy detergent, toothbrushes).
- Cooking traditional meals from each era.
Stay at Ursula's
Explore Martina Franca
I had a fabulous four days with Ursula! She is a powerful and kind person with an impressive knowlege of history and great instincts for food and people. During our two excursions to Cisternino and Taranto, it was thrilling to follow her through crowded markets. The grace and confidence with which she moves through the world turns heads!
Some of my most memorable moments included finally gettin Read more
Our 1st VAWAA experience was at Ursula and Manoosher’s organic farm and it totally exceeded our expectations. From the first minute, the welcoming kitchen with its large wooden table and warm fireplace feels like our home away from home. Our hosts immediately include us in their family in a natural and very friendly way. Is it thanks to VAWAA’s smartly designed platform? It has provided the canvas Read more
Cherri, United States
I can't say enough great things about my time in Martina Franca with Ursula. Her wealth of knowledge on history, archaeology and the culinary traditions of Italy made for an informative and delicious experience. From foraging on the farm to outings to the local market, it was a truly hands on endeavor and learning to make my own hand shaped pasta was a particular highlight! Each meal was a deep di Read more