Screen Printing Ceramics with Andrea
- One Guest
- USD $1050
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $475
- One Guest
- USD $400
- Additional guest(s)
- USD $250
Meet the Artist
Her grandfather was a sailor on this Atlantic island who loved from his heart. He inspired her to trust in life and pursue art with an open heart and no fear. She transformed her family home into a place for creativity and a refuge for silkscreen lovers. She describes it as a place for those who still wake up every day and think they have something to tell, discover, and above all, feel like they want to do it.
For her, it's about sharing and drawing, getting your hands dirty, and not caring about the result because you're so happy enjoying the process that you discover what matters. You understand that going slower is not being late and that betting on yourself and your happiness is the only "successful pursuit."
- Learn to tell stories on ceramics.
- Find inspiration on photo walks through old town, lighthouse, natural park, and small beaches.
- Focus on ideating, designing and refining a story using stains, lines, lights, and shadows.
- Learn how to create a good screenprint.
- Explore techniques for how to reveal, insolate, prepare the ink and stamp.
- Use natural elements to screenprint and get textures.
- Your handcrafted porcelain breakfast set with a couple of cups and dessert plates.
- Option to add days to learn how to screen print on textiles, paper and cyanotype, if arranged in advance.
- Boat trip around the island and yoga with a professional teacher can be arranged for an additional fee.
Stay at Andrea's
Explore Illa de Arousa
This VAWAA can be extended for up to 14 days. If interested in extending your time, let us know by how many days and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Andrea speaks Spanish, Portuguese, English and a bit of German.
Steven B., United States
Andrea was amazing as a teacher and host. Her love of her island was infectious. Illa de arousa will always be an important memory for me. The art that she helped me create was a tremendous step in my learning. This was as good an art travel experience as one could get.
Judi V., United States
There are no words that can adequately describe my residency with Andrea. Suffice it to say that I would rate it as one of my top three travel experiences.
I arrived at the residency with no prior experience with silk screening or ceramics. Andrea was a welcoming and patient teacher. Her approach was playful and encouraging. She loves her craft and gets a lot of joy from helping you fulfill yo Read more