Contemporary Mosaic with Emilie
- Breakfast, Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1725
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $1035
- One Guest
- USD $615
- Additional guest(s)
- USD $240
Meet the Artist
Emilie's work spans from wall and floor decorations to micro-mosaic jewelry and sculptures. She creates pictures in Roman, Byzantine, and Classic styles, but her expertise lies in contemporary techniques and the limitless possibilities of materials. Her contemporary style is a break from traditional mosaics, as she explores curved, rounded, and wavy surfaces. This approach allows her to uncover the natural magic within stones, crystals, and other materials like Venetian enamels, golds, and blown glass.
Emilie's mosaics are a symphony of colors, textures, light reflections, and fluid movements. She uses a variety of Italian materials, such as gold leaf, smalti Orsoni, marble, semi-precious stones, and wood, to bring her artistic vision to life. She also works with original Roman tools, like the martellina hammer, to bring a unique touch to her mosaics that allows for greater artistic expression.
She views mosaic as a universal language, capable of bringing people together and promoting harmony in their lives. Emilie is deeply committed to preserving and sharing traditional art techniques and looks forward to sharing them with you.
- Create a contemporary abstract mosaic artwork inspired by a landscape, object, or personally meaningful image.
- A creative approach for contemporary mosaics that blends craftsmanship and experimental art.
- Focus on capturing, taming and restoring colors, sensations, rhythms and vibrations in the artwork.
- Drawing and photography session in the countryside and along the river to find inspiration.
- Explore techniques such as – translating an image into a mosaic, selecting the right colors and materials, cutting tesserae with martelline, and more.
- Learn to compose harmoniously using different types of materials and follow "andamenti," the lines in which tesserae are laid.
- Finish with colored mortars.
- Walks in nature to source materials and learn how to recognize usable materials.
- Visit the Gallo-Roman villa to see ancient mosaic flooring.
- Option to visit the Citadel of Blaye, vineyard tastings, or picnic in the countryside, if weather and time permits.
Stay at Emilie's
The home is near the Gironde river, where you can enjoy the outdoors. A regional bus station, bicycle rental, bakery, and grocery store are nearby.
Explore Plassac, Bordeaux Region
The entire Bordeaux region is rich in history, heritage, and vineyards. You can visit several castles, the Vauban UNESCO Heritage site, or head to Côte d'Argent beach for surfing and sun. Wine lovers can explore tastings and the authentic lifestyle of winemakers. The golden light of these hilly landscapes is particularly beautiful in the fall, inspiring artists and showing life's sweetness.
All these inspiring ingredients of the region imbue the energy of Emilie's creations....and might do the same for you.
This VAWAA is not available for a longer duration. Basic experience in painting, sculpture, or mosaic is helpful but not required.
Must be 18 years old or older to participate, and cat friendly. If you are allergic to cats, please bring suitable medication before you arrive.
Emilie speaks French, Italian, and English.
Lorry L., Israel
My stay with Emilie was the type that will remain as one of my precious memories. Not only did I learn new and challenging mosaic techniques from a master mosaic artist, but I was welcomed into a unique and special community in this beautiful and charming French village. It was a total contrast to where I live. Emilie is very well known in her local community--her gorgeous work is featured in many Read more