Meet the Artist
Francisco is one of Uruguay’s finest musician, sound artist, music and audiovisual producer. His works include a live solo quartet performed with videos of artists who collaborated on the album but are not physically present at the time of show; collaborative music and audiovisual productions carried out in different parts of the country with children in rural schools, inner cities, high school students of art schools or young emerging musicians; live crowd and immersive contemporary dance performances in public spaces; and experimental electronic audiovisual performances in festivals – all of which have toured across Europe, Central and South America. His multidisciplinary approach can be attributed to his background in architecture and visual communication combined with interests in collaborative works and technology. If you like karate, football, surfing or basketball, ask him if he needs company!
The VAWAA experience includes
- Work on a personal project or collaborate.
- Explore conceptual, lyrical, rhythmic, harmonic or visual directions of making music.
- Create your own tracks using live instruments, Abelton Live/ Pro Tools.
- Record in the studio or beautiful outdoor locations in Uruguayan countryside and coast.
- Gain an overview on music auto-production to make your own audio tracks or parts of a high level collaborative production.
- Understand different aspects of multi track recording and mixing techniques, including microphone selection and placement, equalization, dynamic signal processing and midi sequencing.
- Access to Francisco’s network of some of the finest Uruguayan musicians.
Francisco’s unique approach to music making is a great way for beginners to overcome fear and for experienced musicians to learn new techniques and/or collaborate in a new way.