Meet the Artist
Gerard is a printmaker and painter, primarily focusing on woodcut and lino-cut, two contrasting techniques looking for light from the paper. Born in northern France, Gerard went to art school in Copenhagen and got trained under master printmaker Maria Luder. Since his first show in 1984, his works have been exhibited internationally, featuring works that combine contemporary and traditional approaches. He still remembers the surprise and joy he felt when he raised his first paper from the plate and can't wait to transmit that feeling of magic when you visit him – alongside his cat Rififi.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Introduction to the art of printmaking.
- Overview of various printing methods.
- Instruction in different materials and techniques including woodcut, monotype and lino printing.
- Visit to the Musée Picasso and drawing session in the city to gain inspiration for your own prints.
- Sketching and preparing your own plates.
- Designing and printing your unique, handmade print.
- Materials including metal and wood plate, paper, ink and tools.