Sculptural Jewelry and Metalsmithing with Jesse
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1530
- Additional guest(s) (max 3)
- USD $690
Meet the Artist
- Depending on time and your skill level, you'll be –
- Creating jewelry using traditional techniques and materials, including re-purposed materials.
- Designing and making your own tools to create unique pieces of jewelry.
- Making traditional tools such as hammers or punches for unique textures.
- Techniques to combine dissimilar and distinct materials with cold connections such as rivets.
- Hot connection methods for non-ferrous metals such as soldering.
- Discussions about process, design, and pattern making.
- Form, shape, and cut a large variety of different materials with jewelers tools.
- Learning how to add texture, volume, and color to metal and wood.
- Sand cast small forms in bronze.
- Make your own unique handmade sculptural jewelry.
- Beach combing (a 5 minute walk from the studio) to find inspiration or raw materials such as shell or drift wood.
- Going to an exhibition opening (based on availability)
Explore Three Tree Point, Seattle
It is recommended that guests have their own car or method of transportation. Moving around the city is not hard if you are used to driving but there is no good reliable public transportation to the village where the studio is located.
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 15 days. If interested in extending your time, just let us know by how many days and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Jesse's studio is on the ground floor and could be accessed by wheel chair or people with special needs.
Elaine W., United States
You are in for a treat if you choose to work with Jesse in San Miguel de Allende. Jesse is that extraordinary and rare combination of highly accomplished and skilled artist and excellent teacher. He is unfailingly patient, calm and whenever I felt confused or uncertain about something I was learning, he came up with several ways to approach a solution. At every moment, I was supported as well as Read more