Artistic Textile Weaving with Laura
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1480
- Additional guest(s) (max 2)
- USD $1080
Meet the Artist
Laura designs and produces fabrics and textile objects on hand looms. She mainly uses fine fibers and experiments with innovative techniques and materials. Laura specializes in the development and creation of custom, made-to-measure products, and gives life to small, unique collections. Practicing in the region that is the cradle of the Renaissance, Laura greatly enjoys exchanging artistic ideas and inspirations vis a vis collaborations with high fashion designers and stylists.
Laura possesses a vast knowledge of the design code, a passion for the three-dimensionality of the fabric and a vision of it as an object. Laura looks forward to welcoming guests in Tuscany, which offers inspiration at every turn. It is the perfect backdrop to lessons from Laura on the wonders of fabrics, and the art of weaving.
- Learning three basic weaving patterns: canvas, twill and satin and their derivatives.
- For the intermediate guest: learning how to apply the fundamental weaving patterns to a simple textile piece.
- For the advanced guest: recreating historical or contemporary weaving patterns to produce your own textile piece.
- A local lunch with Laura’s friends and fellow artists.
- Visiting historical textile workshops in Florence.
Laura's studio is not wheelchair accessible.
Evan K., United States
I loved Laura and my workshop with her. I didn't know anything about VAWAA or Laura beforehand and found the workshop by googling "weaving workshops/Italy" because I was traveling there and had a free week with no specific plans. I've been weaving on my own on a rigid heddle loom for a year and a half with only a one day workshop with an in-person teacher. I really wanted the experience of learni Read more