Meet the Artist
Luisa & Herve are papermakers, printers, and publishers. They handcraft paper using all-natural vegetable fibers and found materials, including flowers, leaves, grass, and seeds. They credit nature as their co-creator, drawing inspiration for their designs from the organic material that the paper is made from. Their unique and sustainably-produced paper is an artwork itself, and it is also used to create products ranging from stationery to jewelry to sculpture. Based in the sustainable humanistic community of Auroville, their studio is committed to producing work that respects and celebrates the natural world.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Sourcing and preparing raw materials.
- Making and using dyes.
- Soaking and dying pulp.
- Process of designing your paper and/or paper object.
- Handmaking paper and paper products from pulp.
- Decorating your paper and/or paper objects.
- Drying and finishing techniques.
- Your finished paper artworks.