Meet the Artist
Mira is a contemporary dancer and performer who has trained in a variety of styles, including ballet, jazz, capoeira, contemporary, theater, circus, and Balkan folk dances. While she now focuses on contemporary dance, she loves mixing and matching elements of different dance styles in her work. Mira also enjoys working across art forms, often developing highly creative collaborations with classical musicians, circus performers, and more. In juxtaposing unlikely artistic combinations that center around her interest in movement and the human body, Mira produces work that is truly unique and unexpected. Be sure to ask for a few tips on folk dances from her native Bulgaria!
The VAWAA experience includes
- Coaching in everyday movement exercises, nutrition, and stretching routines.
- Floorwork, standing movements, improvisation and theatrical exercises.
- Working with various movement techniques like Gaga from Israel and Japanese Butoh.
- Developing a small choreography.
- Visiting Brussel's unique dance studios.
- Attending a contemporary dance performance in a city known for it's dance companies.
- Attending contact improvisation jam, open studios, battles etc. (if available)