Watercolor Painting and Charcoal Drawing with Peggy
- One Guest
- USD $705
- Additional guest(s) (max 2)
- USD $555
Meet the Artist
She says that inspiration for her art comes from the stunning beauty she experienced out at sea with her father; being surrounded by the wilderness of coastal trees and wide open seas fueled her passion as an artist at heart. Working from a limited palette, she emphasizes foundational design elements and principles, creating the strongest art in color theory. She has developed a passion for plein air painting, where she illustrates her love for nature and architecture.
- Learn advanced design principles and elements that build strong, confident drawing and painting skills for all mediums.
- Discover practical tips on color palette, values, light source, composition, and timing of paint application.
- Explore and develop creative ways to express negative shapes in drawing & painting.
- Develop skills to alter mood, atmosphere; explore adding figurative elements.
- Learn tips on perspective drawing made simple, painting along with demonstrations.
- En plein air sessions at one of the scenic beach spots in the area.
- Visit local heritage art centers and galleries, and join in drawing sessions at guest studios with local artists.
- Your own watercolor, oil paintings or charcoal portraits.
Explore Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 5 days. An additional road-trip studio session that includes a 3-night stay in a coastal wilderness town (Tofino BC Canada) can be offered for an additional fee during off-season months from October to May. This VAWAA can also be taught in Japan in Zushi, Kanagawa Prefecture or Tokyo. Please ask when you send your booking request.
Must be 18 years old or older to participate. This VAWAA can be adapted to elders and people with special needs, although there is no wheelchair access.
Amani N., United States
I had an amazing time with Peggy. She is so knowledgable about her craft, and she showed me so many things. I know my artwork will ascend to the next level after her teaching.
Just the lessons would have been enough to make this an incredible experience, but in addition to being a gifted and experienced artist, Peggy is also a talented cook and beautiful soul. I'll be dreaming of her fried cod Read more