The Art of Regenerative Beekeeping with Rob
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1530
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $575
Meet the Artist
His love for art and attention to aesthetics remain strong, as seen in the detail of his custom-made hives and his engaging photo images. To grow new stewards of the profession, Rob teaches beekeeping and sustainable land practices that are deeply connected with the agricultural and culinary community.
Known for his wit, creativity, vim, and vigor, he makes learning fun in one of the most beautiful destinations in the world. He lives in downtown Napa with his son Davis, surrounded by music, creativity, and a great community of friends who share his passion for life and a good buzz. Look no further if sustainability, bees, beekeeping, honey, or wine fascinate you.
- A full hands-on beekeeping experience – starting from the basics to more complex management techniques.
- Experience the day to day life of a beekeeper.
- Understand what it is like to be a sustainable regenerative beekeeper.
- Understand basic bee biology and lifecycle of a colony.
- Each day can be different and include – dropping in on a restaurant after managing their bees, chasing a swarm, queen rearing, or just slowing down a little to listen to what the bees want to teach us.
- Get hands sticky, clothes stained with propolis and leave each day smelling of smoke.
- Run into some of the most prominent farmers, chefs, and beekeepers in this area.
- Taste honey and wine from the region, folding it all into an amazing day working with bees.
- Optional: go mountain biking in the area.
- Safety equipment, tools and local transportation between bee sites.
Explore Napa, California
There are unlimited places to explore and things to do all year round. You’ll discover unique restaurants, quaint boutiques, and of course plenty of opportunities for tasting some of the best wine in the world. There’s also hiking, live music and lots of art. From the many galleries featuring work by California artists, to the di Rosa museum or Hess Persson Estates where you can explore the foremost collection of contemporary Bay Area art, Napa Valley is an art lover’s paradise.
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 5 days. If interested in extending your time, just let us know by how many days and we will do our best to accommodate you.
This session can be adapted to kids, elderly or people with special needs. Please note that bee stings can happen and understand there is a risk of being stung.
Alise S., United States
Rob is a passionate, highly knowledgeable beekeeper whose practice is always firmly grounded in what is best for the bees. He doesn’t waiver, he doesn’t capitulate to convenient practices - he just observes, listens to the bees and supports their journey in the most holistic way possible. His execution is as philosophical as it is practical and he beautifully weaves both threads through his teachi Read more