Sacred Adornment with Savannah
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1530
- Additional guest(s) (max 2)
- USD $690
Meet the Artist
Savannah specializes in sacred adornment, weaving intention and prayer in each step to create spirit filled jewelry. She understands the deep ancient impulse humanity has always had to adorn oneself, whether it be an amulet of protection, a sign of faith, or a token from a loved one.
“Jewelry can touch us at our very essence.” - she says.
Her day begins with Cha Dao (a meditative tea practice), and a canyon hike with her dog Opal. Her greatest hope is that people leave their time in Topanga feeling a deeper connection to self, an awe of the gifts of this earth we live on through the materials we create with and some beautifully crafted handmade jewelry holding the energy of their time here!
- Learn to hand make your own silver or brass jewelry from concept to completion. Option to work in high karat gold for $1700 - $2,000 additional fee per ounce of pure gold at market rate, if arranged in advance.
- Dive into techniques like metal forming, sawing, filing, soldering and stone setting.
- Option to learn wax carving, beginning lapidary skills, fine silver granulation and chain weaving.
- Learn to create jewelry that supports you and your clients intentions.
- How to energetically cleanse and charge your stones and jewelry.
- Understand different properties of stones and how to select and work with them in sacred adornment.
- Introductory projects for all skill levels include making a ring, stud earrings, brass hair stick, a necklace or woven chain.
- All silver, brass, copper and a $50 credit to buy stones is included. All gold and gemstones over $50 can be bought for an additional fee.
- If desired and time permits, you can engage in an array of wonderful local activities with Savannah to enrich your experience including a hike to the Topanga Labyrinth with ocean views.
- A visit to The Getty Villa in Malibu to see their beautiful collection of classical jewelry.
- A visit to the downtown Los Angeles Jewelry District to meet vendors and stone shop.
- Other relaxing activities include joining a private or group tea ceremony; local sound bath or breath work circle; visiting the Lake Shrine at the Self Realization Center in Malibu for a nature walk/ meditation; or walk on the beach for inspiration.
Explore Topanga, Los Angeles
This VAWAA can be extended for up to 6 days if you have a special project in mind that needs support to finish. Please include a note in your booking request.
Kids are welcome between the ages of ten - sixteen with parental supervision.
Katherine U., United States
Savannah was an amazing host! She was very flexible with me in terms of what I wanted my experience to be. Some people come in knowing exactly what they wanted to do, but I just wanted to try a bunch of different techniques. I only wish I had more time to do more things! I'm really proud of what I made and really grateful to Savannah for helping me along and answering all my questions. I feel very Read more
Sara P., United States
The whole experience with Savannah was amazing! She was so sweet, patient and open to doing whatever we envisioned for our jewelry making experience. My 11yr old daughter and I spent 4 days with Savannah refreshing on the basic skills of silversmithing and making rings, a pendent necklace and hair sticks. I had sent Savannah a Pinterest board of ideas ahead of time and she had it all printed out o Read more