Painting and Mixed Media with Susana
- Breakfast, Snacks, Coffee, & Tea, Lunch, Dinner
- One Guest
- USD $1050
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $340
- One Guest
- USD $375
- Additional guest(s)
- USD $135
Meet the Artist
The base of her works uses mixed techniques and materials, like plaster, paper or gold leaf. Her compositions create textures that are reminiscent of frescos and the esculptoric dimension gives the pieces strength and power. Today, her works have seen the world through private collections around Europe, America and China. When you visit, you'll be charmed by her workshop housed in an old building from the early 20th century in a small village 30 kms from Barcelona.
- Generating quick ideas and sketches with mud sculpture and live modeling drawing session.
- Trekking through the Garraf Natural Park, to take drawing notes.
- Learning how to prepare and frame a canvas.
- Experimenting with different materials and painting techniques.
- Defining composition and finishing the piece.
- Visiting El Mur, Hospital District, Gothic quarter, and the Romanesque-Gothic house of ancient restorative friends, who have preserved and live in that medieval environment.
- Visiting MEAM (European Museum of Modern Art), Susana's favorite museum of figurative art in Barcelona.
Stay at Susana's
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 10 days. Please ask when you send your booking request.
Must be at least 12 years old to participate. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
You will also be around friendly cats and a shepherd dog. The house and studio is accessible by two flights of stairs so guests must be able to walk them.
Kat A., United Kingdom
I decided to do a VAWAA with Susana as I’m a mostly self-taught artist but had fond memories of attending one-on-one classes with a local artist when I was younger, and wanted more instruction to scale up my work.
This mini-apprenticeship was a wonderful and transformative experience. I’ve never before returned from a trip feeling so much growth and change as an artist and as a person.
From Read more