Gilding and Framing with Sylvie
- Lunch, Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1290
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $640
- One Guest
- USD $315
- Additional guest(s)
Meet the Artist
- Learning the process of water gilding, mordant gilding, reverse glass gilding, conservation framing process or special framing techniques.
- For water gilding process, learn how to prepare, size and prime raw wood.
- Learn basic techniques of applying the layer of clay bole and laying the gold leaf.
- Practice indentation techniques of "matage" and burnishing skills to smooth the surface.
- Option to learn oil-based mordant gilding or reverse glass gilding process, including creation of ornaments or lettering (available when duration is extended to 5 days).
- Option to learn conservation framing process for documents.
- Option to learn special framing techniques used in the 18th century like lavish (old margins with watercolor and walnut stain) or special assembly "Mariette".
- Option to learn French and English beveling techniques.
- Your own gilded frame.
- Visiting the Louviers museum, the church and the cloister of the penitents.
- Option to swim in the super aquatic complex, sliding in the rink or watching a movie at the cinema.
Stay at Sylvie's
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 5 days. Please ask when you send your booking request.
Can also be adapted to children, elders, and people with reduced mobility.
Julia R., United States
Learning from Sylvie was an incredible experience. Sylvie is a master and an artist. I enjoyed every second of her teaching. Her instructions were clear and the environment is professional, and welcoming. It is truly a privilege to be In her working and organized studio. I will sign up again and again with Sylvie to advance my work. The Best!
A huge thank you to Sylvie & Laurent (Happy Officer!) Read more