Japanese Ink Painting with Talia
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1375
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $925
Meet the Artist
Talia’s aesthetic sensibility is an exploration and reclamation of nature's patterns. She strives to reveal beauty and elegance within the natural rhythm of life and looks to her art as a place of well-being, empowerment and inner peace. She believes that Japanese ink painting is about capturing the spirited essence of the subject. It is not about replicating a blossom. It is about feeling and connecting with it, and giving it expression. This makes each artistic expression unique and special.
She uses her knowledge as a discipline and inspiration to direct her own creative work. And enjoys sharing her love and passion with others to emancipate the artist within, the creative mode that is within each one of us. Her studio inside the almond grove, by the Tramuntana mountains, is a perfect retreat setting to get absorbed in a creative adventure.
- Introduction to Japanese brush, ink, paper, colors and the artist tool set.
- Preparing the artist workspace, and making your own ink.
- Learning how to hold the brush, body posture and mindset.
- Guidance on brush strokes, lines and marks to understand the way of ink, brush and paper.
- Learning various painting techniques such as line work, free style (mokutse), dry brush and washes.
- Practicing active meditation within your painting journey as part of empowering your artistic creative self.
- Observing, sketching, finding inspiration in the almond grove outside the studio.
- Viewing inspirational ink paintings by various Japanese ink masters, from Talia's library.
- Understanding composition, mounting, signing and sealing your artwork.
- Your own original one to three completed ink paintings.
- All worksheets, tools and materials. You'll have the option to purchase your own tool set including brushes, paper, ink and seals for future practice.
- If time allows, you will be able to learn how to mount your artwork in the traditional Japanese way.
- If you are interested in a particular theme or subject paintings, you can discuss prior to arrival.
- For your free time, Talia can give you tips on exploring the wealth of over 300 beaches in Mallorca, hidden hot springs, special gardens for drawing practice, Juan Miro foundation and studio, mountain hikes and local farmer markets.
Talia's studio is located inside a hundred tree almond grove, near the town of Alarò, by the foothill of the Tramuntana mountains. These mountains in the heart of Mallorca, are a world heritage site and unique in their outstanding beauty and power. The deep quietude and serenity that nature offers in this area is what drew her to this part of the world. It is an ideal place to retreat and paint.
This VAWAA can be extended for 7 days for special projects, mounting artworks, and extended mentorship. Please ask when you send your booking request.
Must be at least 16 years old to participate, unless in exceptional cases. The studio is easily accessible by wheelchair.
Talia speaks English and Hebrew.
Richard D., United States
Talia’s Japanese ink workshop was a wonderful experience, and I was able to learn a great deal about sumi-e painting in a short amount of time. Talia is extremely knowledgeable about her subject, and not only guided me through various techniques of sumi-e painting, building from one skill to another, but also provided in-depth explanations of the historical development of sumi-e, including the imp Read more