Meet the Artist
Thomas is one of India’s finest ceramist, sculptor, and painter who traces his love for clay to a childhood spent playing with mud during monsoon. He handmakes simple and organic ceramic forms using traditional Indian techniques. From massive murals to tableware to musical instruments, all of Thomas’ work sources inspiration in the forces of nature and the cultural diversity that he lives alongside in Goa, an old Portuguese colony. Nestled in dense, green forest, Thomas’ studio is a refuge for animals, plants, and art - a retreat. He credits his regular swim in the nearby sea as the key to his prolific creativity. You may too and never want to leave.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Handbuilding and wheel throwing techniques.
- Creating functional, decorative or sculptural forms.
- Surface decoration and glazing.
- Materials including clay and access to kiln.
- Your unique handmade ceramic products.