Jewelry Making with Adriana
Head to Barcelona and learn how to transform metal into a piece of geometric, sculptural and artistic jewelry under the guidance of Colombian jewelry designer, Adriana.
- One Guest
- USD $1210
Meet the Artist
Adriana is a Colombian designer and jewelry maker, now based in Barcelona. Jewelry is her way of expression — she enjoys the creative process, the connection with materials and its possibilities. She likes exploring different techniques, colors, textures, folds, and "secrets" in metal. While her inspiration comes from geometry, repetition, sculpture, and art, it is her roots and her surroundings that define her style and her starting points – sometimes closer to design, sometimes to art. In recent project called "Colorful Emptiness", she created rings with empty receptacles, only treating the surface with patinas, as a metaphor for the passing of time and the beauty of the imperfect.
- Learn how to transform metal and materials into a piece of wearable jewelry.
- Explore techniques like modeling, roller printing, hammering and patinas.
- Meet and get to know the work of two other jewelry designers in Adriana's studio.
- Work inside Adriana's studio in heart of the city, surrounded by local handcraft studios and shops.
- Visit local suppliers to discover different production stages and processes used.
- Make your own jewels – ring, bracelet, necklace or earrings.
- Tools and materials.
Barcelona is music and color and late nights. From lights strung between narrow alleyways to sunbathers soaking up the rays on Barceloneta Beach, it has a festive and fun atmosphere that few cities in the world can replicate. We love the unmistakable Gaudi architecture that asserts itself all over the city, as well as the charming, vibrant neighborhood of Gracia. Stroll the streets of Barcelona’s many quarters, from the artsy El Ravel to the historic Born, and feel the city’s distinct pulse around you.
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 8 days. If interested in extending your time, just let us know by how many days and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Adriana's Availability 5 days