Art of Wet Felting with Anja
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $885
- Additional guest(s) (max 3)
- USD $590
Meet the Artist
She says one of her obsessions has been creating and developing the thinnest of felt that she makes from the softest merino wool, and other fibers like nettle, silk and viscose. As a true master of wet-felting, she knows how to make everything seamless and with zero-waste. You can often hear enchanting melodies throughout the 17th century studio she shares with her master violin maker husband, Daniel.
- Learning the history of wet felting in the world and in Skofja Loka, along with contemporary felt products.
- Familiarizing with different types of carded wool and other fibers such as silk, hemp, ramie, linen, cotton.
- Creating felt patterns using various wet-felting techniques: basic (at least 4-layer) felt made from European wool, 3-dimensional seamless felt item (e.g. small vessel), nuno felt (merino wool felted over e.g. silk fabric), cobweb felt and needle felting.
- Creating your own piece of clothing such as a felt top or felt vest (for a beginner) or a dress (for a intermediate and advanced) in a chosen wet-felting technique.
- Visiting local master artisans depending on your interest and their availability. Options include master hand-woodcarver, master blacksmith, master violin maker, master of natural textile dyeing or master needle-felter.
- Visiting local creative hub Kreativnice, connecting a group of designer women working with various textile techniques.
- Visiting Center DUO, a local Art and Craft Center showcasing works of 20 local artisans.
- Walks to different parts of town, river, castle etc.
Explore Skofja Loka
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 10 days. You will have the possibility to explore more techniques, make more demanding pieces like dresses and coats, bigger 3-dimensional felt art, or felt more of the same objects, like a group of light shades. Please ask when you send your booking request.
This VAWAA can be adapted to children (14 years old or older), elders, and people with special needs.
Wet-felting is mostly done standing, so guests must be able to stand, walk, move around the table, as well as be able to go up and down the stairs to reach Anja's studio (located in a 300 year-old house and not accessible by wheelchair).
Mary B., Australia
WOW!!! Well that was an extremely intense week with regards to learning and enjoyment! My VAWWA with Anja far surpassed all my hopes and expectations. Anja is so many things - a beautiful soul, an expert wet-felter, a clear and precise teacher and such a well connected community member - particularly in the crafts of both Skofja Loka, but also Slovenia as a whole.
I’d done quite a bit of wet Read more