Experimental Ceramics with Maria Del Carmen & Kees
- One Guest
- USD $655
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $370
- One Guest
- USD $230
- Additional guest(s)
- USD $175
Meet the Artist
- Learning how to prepare clay.
- Learning how to build ceramic pieces of small format (+/-- 20 cm.) using various techniques.
- Walking through the natural environment to collect local earth that will be used to color the works.
- Preparation of the collected earth type technique called “Terra Sigilata”.
- Learning various techniques of finishing and decoration of the ceramic pieces like burnishing, printing and scraffito.
- Preparations of single firing in a primitive kiln using firewood, charcoal and organic materials and experimental techniques like using salts and reduction process.
- Tools and materials.
- Your handmade ceramic artworks.
Stay at Maria Del Carmen & Kees's
A good time to visit Mexico is during Day of the Dead (Oct 30 - Nov 2nd). The hottest month of the year tends to be May and July is rainy. It's best to avoid Easter holidays as many businesses close.
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 15 days. If interested in extending your time, just let us know by how many days and we will do our best to accommodate you.