Land Art with Kees
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1300
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $780
- One Guest
- USD $450
- Additional guest(s)
- USD $375
Meet the Artist
Before moving to Mexico, Kees studied Landscape Architecture in the Netherlands, followed by 35 years in Japan, learning about Japanese art and abstract gardens. As a result, he developed expertise in creating abstract spaces and has been involved in Land Art for many years. His Land interventions evolve from various artistic disciplines, including stone sculpture, installation art, painting, and photography.
For Kees, art allows for freedom. He believes that we are all born with basic primitive and intuitive senses, which, for various reasons, keep slumbering inside many of us. Returning to nature and being in direct contact with the natural environment can awaken and sharpen these innate senses. The experience of creating Land Art will be a personal encounter with your own "self" and intuition to become aware that we are all part of "nature."
- Immersing in nature and creating your own land art.
- Renewing the five senses and awareness that we are all part of “nature”.
- Exploring natural surroundings to select a site.
- Sketching ideas and securing natural materials to create such as earth and clay, branches and plant materials, stones, sisal ropes etc.
- Working with various materials, construction and fastening techniques to secure a safe and stable outcome.
- Transporting and placing the Land Art on pre-selected public site where they will be documented and left to deteriorate over time.
- Visiting the Paricutin Volcano church ruins, the remains of a Mexican village destroyed by a volcano.
- Option to visit a historic pyramid site, a village known for its copper craftsmanship or a magical pueblo nearby.
Stay at Kees's
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 14 days. Please ask when you submit your booking request.
You’ll be around a friendly dog and cat. If you are allergic to these animals, please bring suitable medication before you arrive.
Kees speaks English, Dutch, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
Leonardo M., United States
Everything I was hoping for. Working while immersed in beautiful landscapes, modest and comfortable lodging, home cooked meals, and positive exposure to some of the sociopolitical background of the land we were working on. Kees does a fantastic job of guiding the development of ideas without imposing his own influences, demonstrating the possibilities of the materials around, and helping with cons Read more