Oil Painting with Luigi
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea, Lunch
- One Guest
- USD $1955
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $960
Meet the Artist
Greatly inspired by Caravaggio, Luigi paints in oil using the same play of light and shadow characteristic of his paintings. His favorite subjects are still-life compositions with fruits and flowers, such as orchids and shells. Armed with photographic skills, he hunts for precious moments in nature and recreates them in stunning detail.
"Anyone can paint well; the important thing is to have the passion and the desire to learn, then everything comes by itself.", he says, "Painting is a wonderful journey."
- Introduction to painting in a realistic and naturalistic style.
- Find inspiration in maestro Luigi’s neighborhood surrounded by nature.
- Learn the best colors, solvents, and paints suitable for this style.
- Experiment with various techniques - how to work from photos or still life, prepare gradations of color, and blend by making the brush strokes invisible.
- Your own painting to take home.
- Enjoy a “spritz,” a typical Italian aperitif, at Marostica Castle in the chess square, and a Prosecco in the historic town of Bassano del Grappa with Maestro Luigi.
- A lunch afternoon at Luigi’s for an authentic taste of Italian pizza.
- Panoramic walk along the river Brenta starting from the Ponte Vecchio of Bassano.
Explore Vicenza, Veneto
The Veneto region is home to famous Venetian Renaissance painters like Tiepolo, Canaletto, Mantegna, Giorgione, Tiziano, Tintoretto, and Veronese, with works of art scattered throughout. You can marvel at the frescoes by Giotto at "Scrovegni Chapel." Architecture lovers can explore Andrea Palladio's Palladian villas, considered one of the most influential personalities of Western architecture, or relax at "Prato della Valle" one of the most beautiful and extensive squares in Europe.
An ideal Italian adventure.
This VAWAA can be extended for up to 7 days for special projects or advanced techniques. Please ask when you send your booking request.
Best suited for 15+ years or older who have the physical capacity to paint for 6 to 7 hours. Please make sure you are not allergic to turpentine, the solvent to thin your paints. The studio does not have wheelchair access and individuals with special needs must be accompanied.
Hannah K., United States
We spent three full days in Luigi’s studio during this experience. He started each day with a meticulous demonstration of techniques and color-mixing, followed by assistance and individualized guidance while we recreated his steps. He was a very patient and attentive teacher, and his lessons were well-planned.
Each day around noon, we took a Prosecco break followed by a delicious home-cooked me Read more