Woodturning with Mauricio
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $885
- Additional guest(s) (max 3)
- USD $370
Meet the Artist
- Morphology of wood and how it grows.
- History of lathe, understanding different tools and their purpose.
- Getting wood from a log.
- Working with woods like ash, privet, walnut, cape lilac and natives like guyuvira quebracho.
- Basic tool techniques like sharpening.
- Practicing different turning (lathe) techniques by making products.
- Those with prior experience can work on hand thread chasing, bowls, boxes and hollow forms.
- Materials & tools.
Adriana B., United States
Mauricio is an incredible artist and teacher. He easily transports you to the time when woodturning was a way to support your life. I had no idea how different types of wood were used on all sorts in such a clever way. Mauricio made me appreciate and respect the wood as a precious material that comes from mother nature. You will feel with every practice very successful because woodturning gives yo Read more