Woodturning with Mauricio
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $945
- Additional guest(s) (max 3)
- USD $360
Meet the Artist
- Morphology of wood and how it grows.
- History of lathe, understanding different tools and their purpose.
- Getting wood from a log.
- Working with woods like ash, privet, walnut, cape lilac and natives like guyuvira quebracho.
- Basic tool techniques like sharpening.
- Practicing different turning (lathe) techniques by making products.
- Those with prior experience can work on hand thread chasing, bowls, boxes and hollow forms.
- Materials & tools.
Shireen B., United States
Working with Mauricio was a completely new experience for me. I never worked on a lathe before, and I was amazed by the precision it required. This makes what Mauricio does all the more impressive. He helped me make several things on the lathe starting small and moving up to eventually making a couple bowls. I was really impressed by Mauricio's knowledge of wood. He did a really great job of letti Read more
Megan M., United States
Wow, I am walking away from this workshop feeling incredibly inspired! Mauricio is such an amazing teacher. His knowledge about the art of woodturning is truly astounding. I feel like I packed a month of learning into just four days--from lathe and tool use, proper techniques, wood morphology, history of wood turning and lumber. I really appreciate Mauricio's teaching style. He is incredibly thoro Read more
Adriana B., United States
Mauricio is an incredible artist and teacher. He easily transports you to the time when woodturning was a way to support your life. I had no idea how different types of wood were used on all sorts in such a clever way. Mauricio made me appreciate and respect the wood as a precious material that comes from mother nature. You will feel with every practice very successful because woodturning gives yo Read more