Meet the Artist
Pum Pum rules the city walls and urban art scene in Buenos Aires. In the early 2000’s, she took her talent in design and illustration to the street and created her own character-inspired muralism aesthetic using latex paint and brushes. She started by painting ‘Big Flequi’, a caricature of herself surrounded by different creatures and is now known for her distinctive characters like the big bangs girl, rabbits, cats in boots, zombies and child figures. Unlike many of her contemporaries, she doesn’t believe in limiting street art to political graffiti. According to her, any aesthetic contribution transforms the urban landscape. On the street, she loves the interaction with by-standers but otherwise prefers to keep anonymity and be known by her work.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Painting on the street or canvas.
- Creating your own artwork or assisting Pum Pum in her artwork.
- Sketching and testing ideas in studio.
- Scouting walls in the neighborhood and getting permissions.
- Learning muralism techniques.
- Exploring the city's vibrant urban art scene.
- Your own hand-painted artwork on the streets of Buenos Aires.