Don’t see the dates you want?Request other dates
Japanese Calligraphy with Chikako
- One Guest
- USD $555
- Additional guest (max 4)
- USD $360
Meet the Artist
- Understanding history of kanji characters and how it ties into the Japanese culture.
- Learning about different calligraphy tools, brushes and inks.
- Maintaining body posture.
- Learning different brush techniques and line movements.
- Practicing calligraphy with Chikako’s students in different studios.
- Visiting calligraphy exhibition.
- Trying calligraphy performance art depending on skill level.
- Materials and your hand drawn calligraphy artworks.
Kate Tram, Australia
I want to thank you for arranging such an incredible experience with Chikako. She's so kind and knowledgeable. I have learned and been loving calligraphy so much. Chikako also took me to local places for lunches, sweets, souvenirs... It's not only calligraphy that I learned, it's also about the people, the food, the culture I've seen by meeting Chikako thank to your program. I wish you keep your sRead more
I am a watercolour artist. And with watercolour one needs to have intention and purpose and really commit to every brushstroke. I felt that there must be similarities with calligraphy and I wanted to learn more about this from the perspective of a calligraphy artist. My favourite day was when I joined a lesson and practised with Chikako students, some of whom had been practising with her for 20 yeRead more
Anuja, United States
Being in the artist's studio was good and took the experience to a more personal level. She was very personal and warm which was encouraging.
Gaurabh, United States
Gave a good overview of the art in the time she had. Was good at providing the right amount of hand-holding and guidance