For longer durations, add a note in your booking request and your guest experience coordinator will help find availability.
Ajrakh Block Printing with Sarfraz
- One Guest
- USD $240
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $140
Meet the Artist
- Learning the 13 step Ajrakh block printing process.
- Introduction to plants and processes used to manufacture natural dyes.
- Creating and mixing your own black, indigo and red dyes.
- Pre-dye treatment of fabrics.
- Motif placement, repeat patterns, relief printing using hand carved blocks.
- Dyeing and block printing two scarf sized textile pieces.
- Washing, drying, and finishing processes.
- Materials and tools.
It's best to avoid monsoon season, between July and September.
Indeed; I can't imagine spending more than 1 or 2 days too if the target were jetsetters (who likely won't have that much time-off), but I love the premise of what VAWAA stands for in connecting travels with local artistry. Sarfraz's team was every bit welcoming once we got the initial introductions out of the way. From coordinating pickup for driver, to walking us through each stage of the crafts Read more