Japanese Ink Painting with Shukou
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1200
- Additional guest(s) (max 4)
- USD $480
Meet the Artist
In his twenties, prompted by a fashion stylist friend, he embarked on a groundbreaking artistic path. He merged classical art's timeless beauty with the ever-changing nature of modern art, earning him global acclaim and collaborations with prestigious brands. Shukou's artistic approach involves using classical black ink and adding touches of color with markers, fluorescent acrylics, and other contemporary painting materials. Drawing from Zen philosophy, his freehand strokes reflect a profound connection between painting and mindfulness.
Shukou provides a rare opportunity to explore the rich duality of Japanese culture—the ancient classical heritage and the dynamic contemporary art scene. He aims to empower individuals to integrate their physical and spiritual selves, embracing the best of both worlds for a balanced and fulfilling life.
- Introduction to Japanese spirituality, etiquette, and Zen philosophy.
- Introduction to the history and cultural background of ink painting.
- Exploration of traditional brush, ink, paper, and ink stone materials.
- Maintaining body posture, mindset and attitude for creative inspiration.
- Learning brush stroke techniques, composition and correct position of the signature.
- Meditation with incense and singing bell before painting.
- Creating original ink paintings.
- Stretching in the beautiful Yoyogi park surrounded by trees.
- If desired and time permits, Shukou can suggest a local kickboxing class and an array of cultural and creative spots to visit in Tokyo.
This VAWAA can be extended for up to 7 days for those interested in mastering special techniques, using larger tools, or completing larger works. Please inquire when you submit your booking request.
Must be 13 years or older to attend. The studio is located on the second floor and lacks an elevator. Sessions can be adapted for individuals with special needs, provided they can access the second floor with a caregiver.
Shukou speaks Japanese, English, and a bit of French.
Hande Muge O., United Arab Emirates
Overall experience was very nice. Unfortunately couldn't attend the full 3 days of workshop (due to personal emergencies). but time we spent with Shukou was quite useful. In terms of how to make the ink, brush techniques etc. He was also kind enough to show me around, take me to a sushi bar for a lunch. was a lovely experience, thanks to Shukou.
Karen C., Hong Kong
Having spent a week long at Master Shukou’s studio learning under his patience teachings have been a wonderful experience. His teaching method has helped me to learn very quickly and gained a new understanding about contemporary ink painting techniques. I have also enjoyed many sharing sessions from him on stories of ink paintings. I will definitely consider to sign up the program again in the fut Read more
Jerry V., United States
Ink painting with a master is a wonderful experience, no matter your ability level or prior experience. If you are a complete novice this is a wonderful opportunity to literally "try your hand" at something new.
For those with ink painting experience, I am confident that you will be challenged with new techniques and ideas as Shukou is willing to share what he knows with any motivated student. Read more