Paper Mache Sculpting with Nives
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1015
- Additional guest(s) (max 3)
- USD $420
Meet the Artist
She's passionate about spreading awareness around recycled art and believes "to make an art object out of discarded things or garbage is a game of recognizing art forms in the most unexpected places". Nowadays, she's learning new techniques in digital graphic art, jewelry, and photography and combining them with her papier-mâché works. And when in need of a recharge, she simply lowers her paddle board from the studio balcony and heads into the Adriatic Sea.
- Making and filling construction as closely as possible to wanted shape.
- Preparing wet mixtures (her recipes, 3 different ways) for filling and modeling the shape.
- Blending glues in various ways based on desired hardness.
- Sculpting, drying and decorating with wet or dry relief.
- Finishing with at list 6 different types of colored paper or textures without wet paint or brush.
- Sanding and retouching on dried parts to make a super fine finish.
- Nives e-book on how to make a mask, doll, sculpture, relief step by step.
- Your own handmade paper mache masks, dolls or sculptures.
- During summer, one lesson on SUP (stand up pedaling) by Nives as it's very important for her to meditate on open sea and download ideas in the silence.
- Walks along the coast and narrow streets in a Diocletian's Palace in the center of the city.
- Visit to a small park forest named Marjan , if weather permits.
- Visit to local vegetable market to prepare one vegetarian or vegan meal at Nives's home. There is no meat consumption in her home.
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 10 days. Please ask when you send your booking request.
Must be 11 years old or older to participate. Studio is located on the 3rd floor of the building (no elevator), so it is necessary to be able to walk stairs.
Anne Claire F., France
My three-day workshop with Nives was an exceptional creative, human and cultural experience. She taught me her method and I was able to make the olive tree I dreamed of (I will finish it at home to complete the project on my own). I discovered her artistic and family universe. She was my tour guide in Split.
I am grateful for everything she shared with me (her values, her vegetarian cooking, t Read more
Germaine J., United States
I am not sure where to begin because the whole experience was magical. Nive is a wonderful teacher and will take you on a journey with her knowledge of paper mache. The possibilities are endless so if you take her class be prepared to create, play, experiment and enjoy the creativity inside you that will come pouring forth. Her workshop is delightful and so full of love and passion for her art for Read more