Fiber Collage and Sculptures with Jacqueline
- Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- One Guest
- USD $1070
- Additional guest(s) (max 2)
- USD $850
Meet the Artist
She began making Asian style paper with kozo fiber in 1987. Her journey with paper and sculpture has varied from light fixtures to stone carving to ethereal mixed media sculpture. The thread of her creative process always begins with paper.
"Making and the art of transformation from tangible to intangible returning to a tangible form is very alluring for me. I am interested in working with materials that translate my appreciation for mother-nature's installations formed by water, wind, light and dark. Patterns in nature, textures and seasonal changes inform my sculptures that reveal primitive and refined qualities. Aside from nature's inspiration, I’m also interested in the concept of the ethereal journey, motherhood, vacancy, loss, renewal and how emotional responses can evoke beauty.”
Currently she is excited about creating the Chrysalis series that feels like a merging of many techniques developed over the years bringing many voices together that she refers to as a contemplative sculpture. Her personal philosophy of merging art and life has been a profound teacher and one that she is happy to share with others.
- Learning how to make non-traditional paper with flax roving for collage and 3D applications.
- Creating constructions with rattan using a lashing technique.
- Learning how to create a contemporary open vessel form with natural materials.
- Learning how to cast fiber paper.
- Learning how to use indigo and handmade plant dye/stain.
- Forage plant materials from local environments.
- All materials and tools.
- Optional visits to International Folk Art Museum, Tai Modern Gallery, Canyon Road, Site Santa Fe, Railyard Arts District, Santa Fe Farmer's Market or The Teahouse depending on time.
- Visit to Ten Thousand Waves, Yoga Source, Acupuncture, Upaya Zen Center can be arranged for an additional fee.
Explore Santa Fe
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration, up to 7 days. Please ask when you send your booking request.
Cannot be adapted for kids, elders, nor people with special needs.
Susan B., United States
It was a real treat to visit Jacqueline's restful home studio off the well known Canyon Road with never ending galleries of art. I had no idea what to expect other than new techniques I know interested me in creating sculpture, from hand made paper. I wanted to add it to my felt-making creativity of mixed media for future use.
Nancy T., United States
Jacqueline was a very warm and adept instructor. Her instructions were clear and easily followed.