Meet the Artist
Vijay is the creator of India’s first bamboo bicycle, furniture designer and carpenter. His bamboo bikes have been put to test for a 900-km, eight day ride at a challenging mountain bike event proving it’s design and endurance. A man of many passions like urban farming and making his own craft beer, it’s always exciting being around him.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Custom frame design to fit your height.
- Geometry and jig set up.
- Market visit to choose bamboo tubing specific to your frame.
- Cutting and shaping bamboo so pieces fit snugly together.
- Setting joints with sisal/hemp fiber and resin.
- Finishing joints for a streamlined aesthetic.
- Pyrography to “tattoo” your bike. (optional)
- Assembling bike using your own or sample bike components from the studio.
- Taking bike for a day long spin in nearby countryside.
- Going home with a beautiful bamboo frame, made with your own hands.