Meet the Artist
Alfredo is a fileteado artist pushing the boundaries of this traditional drawing style to contemporary applications and new mediums. Practicing for 30 years now, he was drawn towards it during his fine art school in Buenos Aires. He spent a few years in Italy working on silkscreen and mural paintings, as well as learning the art of Trompe l’oeil, before returning to Buenos Aires. From traditional canvas to fileteado on human bodies, cars, graffiti, skateboards – Alfredo’s work can be seen in images for international brands, festivals, magazine and book covers. He says he got his artistic skills from his great grandfather who was a fileteado artist, precision skills from his dentist father and draws inspiration from his travels across North Africa, Middle East, China, India, Nepal and Tibet. If that wasn’t enough, he even harvests honey, cooks everyday and can be seen sailing in the Atlantic waters.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Introduction to fileteado porteño, an artistic drawing style that originated in Buenos Aires.
- Drawing classic patterns.
- Painting using traditional stencil technique.
- Working on personal interest areas such as lettering, tattoo, graffiti, products or painting.
- Finishing techniques.
- Materials and your hand drawn fileteado artwork.