Meet the Artist
Borut Peterlin is a fine art photographer specializing in analogue photography that includes film, large format photography and darkroom techniques as well as historical processes like wet plate collodion process, ambrotypes, tintypes, salt printing, albumen printing, carbon printing and others. He also devotes his time taking care of contemporary art books at a library in his small hometown of Dolenjske Toplice, Slovenia.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Wet Plate Collodion Negative process.
- Salt and Albumen Printing process.
- 2 out of 5 days on location in a beautiful river valley or in the virgin forests of Kočevski rog.
- Overnight camping or rafting if weather permits.
- Working with vintage cameras, Petzval lenses from 1860's and producing photographs that can easily outstand modern inkjet prints.
- Visit to Josip Pelikan Studio, from 1899, with an astonishing collection of cameras, lenses, darkroom & retouching table.
- Signed basic collodion manual of Mark Osterman and France Scully Osterman.
- Materials, transportation.
- Your handmade prints.