Meet the Artist
Rita is Nigeria born, Buenos Aires based contemporary jewelry designer whose work portrays a fairytale like universe of marvels that touch the heart. Her combination of materials is deeply connected to the local and creates a unique narrative with each handmade piece. She combines metals with other materials like acrylic, stones, tubes or chains depending on the collection. Her inspiration comes from nature and her background in drawing, printmaking and training with master Argentinian jewelry artist Jorge Castañon. Talk to her about travel and chances are pretty high that she has a friend in every country!
The VAWAA experience includes
- Making your own bronze, copper, stone or acrylic jewelry.
- Going to the market to buy metals and other materials.
- Wax carving and casting.*
- Learning techniques like sawing, setting stones, construction, texturing, casting etc.
- Materials and tools.
- Your own handmade jewelry.