Meet the Artist
Katja is a ceramic product designer making products for different occasions - home accessories, lighting and everyday objects. Her work is functional in origin whilst being playful and thoughtful. It's a joy to see her combine different styles, techniques, concepts and materials - especially the discarded industrial made packaging usually thrown away after its original use.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Handbuilding techniques such as slab, pinch and coil.
- Creating functional forms such as cylinders and bowls.
- Surface decoration and glazing techniques.
- Materials including clay and access to kiln.
- Your unique handmade ceramic products.
Katja's studio is 46 kms from Ljubljana in Križe, a small town with incredible views of Julian Alps.
More from the blog
Goodbye Brazil, Hello Slovenia — and ceramics!
With every country that Cecilia travels to, she strives to create a “routine”. A combination of g...
October 05, 2016
Katja’s Christmas with Slovenian Soap Designers
Last Christmas, Katja Kramberger wanted to break the usual holiday routine. Instead of eating coo...
November 07, 2016