Meet the Artist
Duc is an award-winning writer, editor, poet, visual artist and a cultural activist. As a teenager, he moved to United States before the communist takeover in 1975, returning in 2006 to live in Hanoi, Vietnam. He spent 20 years writing for public radio including NPR, KQED-FM, Pacific Time and KALW-FM. Although his work knows no boundaries, he likes exploring topics around exile, immigration, home, travel, memories, and borrowed and common cultures. A man with great stories to tell, unbound creativity, he can be at once mischievous and worldly.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Work on a personal project or collaborate.
- Write fiction, nonfiction, scripts, poetry, translations or brand copywriting.
- Get guidance and feedback on theme, character development and plot structure.
- Work through language, character and story building exercises.
- Daily readings and interactive sessions exchanging ideas.