Meet the Artist
Kimiko is an Ikebana artist, instructor and Japanese tea ceremony host. She has been practicing the Japanese art of arranging cut flowers and plants for 13 years and continues to learn from her grand master in Kyoto. She emphasizes that Ikebana is way to look deeper within us and come closer to nature. Each arrangement represents individual stories of the creator and their relationship to nature through different materials, techniques and compositions.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Understanding the history and philosophy of Ikebana.
- Visiting fresh flower markets to buy and learn about plants in season.
- Designing Ikebana concepts.
- Learning different techniques and styles like Moribana, Nageire, Shoka and Freestyle.
- Visiting Kimiko’s Grand Master’s studio to practice.
- Accompanying Kimiko to prepare Ikebana arrangements for her clients.